Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Roya

My beautiful little Roya. Mommies dream come true. Me and Roya have some things we need to work on.




My crazy little Roya. She currently doesn't seem to like me too much. I am going to be working with her like crazy. She likes to run away when I try to coax her out. Unfortunately, I don't know much about how much interaction she got from her previous owners. I am suspecting it wasn't much. I am hoping to change that. I want her to love to come out. I know that geckos aren't normally pets that love to be held, but my big boy loves to come out. Either way, Roya is still a tiny baby (I have no idea how old). She has a long way to go.

Still praying Roya turns out to be a girl :-)


UPDATE!!

This morning I worked with Roya for a short period of time. She climbed out of her cage but was a little skittish of climbing onto my hand. After a little coaxing (putting my hand in front of her and lifting to encourage climbing up) she climbed up. I could tell she wasn't too comfortable, hence keeping the session fairly short. I worked on hand walking with her and allowed her to jump from hand to hand. Once working with her for a bit, she calmed down a bit but kept on the move. I can tell that she will make a great girl.

I am hoping her color keeps the orange tone and hoping she will darken a bit more. We shall see!!

I want to get her bigger and more comfortable with me before looking for pores. Plus I have no idea of the weight on her yet. Looking into buying a scale ASAP :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment